‘I Do,’ Farm-to-Fork Style
For many brides and grooms, it’s not the dress or the DJ that really matters…it’s the food. And today’s food-savvy couples aren’t just looking for a good meal – they’re seeking out farm-fresh, local cuisine to wow their guests. The Sacramento region offers countless wedding venue and catering options that provide locally-sourced, mouth-watering menus. The region includes more than 1.4 million acres of farmland, ensuring that everything from cocktail hour to the cake is made from fresh ingredients.
Sacramento has something to please every guest’s palette. A sample of farm-to-fork wedding venue and catering options are included below, but be sure to ask your wedding planner about the countless farm-fresh options for your Big Day!
Sample of Farm-to-Fork Wedding Options
- Sacramento Memorial Auditorium – A stunning, 80 year-old theater on the state’s historic register that can be transformed into a breathtaking wedding location. Guests will be treated to exciting food choices from Classique Catering, sourced from local growers and ranches.
- Vierra Farms – Offering wedding packages ranging from casual picnic style to country chic, Vierra Farms creates a truly rustic, “farm” experience for wedding guests to enjoy. Brides and grooms can select their own farm-fresh caterers to complete their one-of-a-kind event.
- Mulvaney’s Building & Loan – Couples looking for high-end locavore delights need look no further than Mulvaney’s B&L. With customized farm-to-fork menus designed by Patrick Mulvaney, guests are sure to leave full and happy.
- The Hyatt Regency Sacramento – Offering sweeping views of California’s State Capitol building, coupled with seasonal menus created using local meats and produce, brides and grooms may just want to cancel the honeymoon and stay on at the Hyatt after the guests go home.
- The Firehouse – Once the home of California’s first fire department in the 1800s, the Firehouse is now an elegant restaurant and wedding venue, featuring delicious cuisine made with fresh and local ingredients.
- Arden Hills – A picturesque country club offering luxurious event space and farm-to-fork dining options make this venue a unique gem in the area.
- Selland’s Market – For those who have their location picked, but are still on the lookout for farm-fresh catering, Selland’s Market is the place to call. Pioneers of Sacramento’s farm-to-fork movement, Selland’s focuses on casual, yet classic menus that are sourced locally.