Hear from The White House’s Sam Kass at Free Farm-to-Fork Forum This Week
Sam Kass, Executive Director of Let’s Move! and Senior Policy Advisor for Nutrition Policy at the White House, has accepted Mayor Kevin Johnson’s invitation to visit Sacramento on April 23,2014, to learn more about the city’s identity as America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital. Kass will also share how the nation’s food policy plans will impact the greater Sacramento region.
While in Sacramento, Kass will make several stops to meet with area chefs, farmers, policymakers, food-access leaders and other members of the farm-to-fork community. Central to Kass’ visit will be a Q&A session with Mayor Johnson and a forum discussion with key representatives of the region’s food and sustainability industries at CalPERS.
WHAT: Sacramento Sustenance: A Farm-to-Fork Capital Forum Series
WHO: Mayor Kevin Johnson, Sam Kass, Executive Director of Let’s Move! and White House Senior Policy Advisor for Nutrition
- Mayor Cecilia Aguiar-Curry; Winters, CA
- Craig McNamara; President of California State Board of Food and Agriculture, president and owner of Sierra Orchards
- Debra Oto-Kent; Executive Director, Health Education Council
- David Shabazian; Senior Planner, Sacramento Area Council of Governments/Rural-Urban Connection Strategy
- Fred Mendez; Senior Vice President, Office of Corporate Social Responsibility, Rabobank
400 Q Street, Sacramento, CA
WHEN: April 23, 2014, 2:00 p.m.