Event Spotlight: Savor Sacramento with the Citizen Hotel
Update – the June Savoring Sacramento dates are no longer available. Book now to ensure your place at the table in October!
Starting Oct. 10, The Citizen Hotel and Grange Restaurant & Bar will host seasonal, experiential culinary retreats providing privileged access to the Sacramento region’s best farmers, producers, artisans, winemakers, distillers and brewers, with exclusive dining experiences at Grange. These immersive weekends include two nights’ accommodations at The Citizen Hotel and nightly amenities echoing the day’s activities. The itinerary follows:
Friday, Oct. 10
– Welcome reception at The Citizen Hotel with Ruhstaller Beer in the Governor’s Suite with views of Downtown Sacramento
– Inventive cocktail session at Grange Restaurant & Bar with Mixologist Ryan Seng
– Private Dinner with farm-centric tasting menu in the private dining room at Grange Restaurant & Bar served personally by Chef Oliver Ridgeway, paired with local wines by Sommelier Nickolas Duren
Saturday, Oct. 11
Full-day culinary immersion “field trip” with Chef Oliver Ridgeway, transportation provided, to a hand- picked selection of local farms, ranches and producers with unique opportunities at each. “Road sodas” to be provided for the drive prepared by Ryan Seng
– Tour & harvesting ingredients at Capay Organic Farm, the largest organic farm in the country
– Picnic lunch and tour at Del Rio Botanical Farm, a small, local farm with an impressive heirloom seed collection and produce
– Farmhouse dinner at Passmore Ranch, famed sustainably aqua-farmed fish ranch, frequented by such world-renowned chefs as Christopher Kostow of Meadowood, Dominique Crenn of Atelier Crenn, Corey Lee of Benu, Matt Accarrino of SPQR and Rick Moonen. Meet Michael Passmore and enjoy a dinner prepared by Chef Oliver Ridgeway, utilizing caviar and fish from the ranch, and produce collected throughout the day. Dinner will be paired with an elite local winery.
Sunday, Oct. 12
– “Boozy Brunch” at Grange Restaurant & Bar
Ready to pack your bags? Prices run from $849 single occupancy to $1,499 double occupancy; call 916-447-2700 or visit http://www.thecitizenhotel.com to book. Offer not valid with other promotional discounts.