Farm-to-Fork Festival FAQs
Q: Where is the Festival held, and how can I enter?
The 2017 Farm-to-Fork Festival will be held on Sacramento’s Capitol Mall. Entrances will be at both ends of 4th Street, both ends of 5th Street, 6th & L Street and both ends of 7th Street. There are seven total.
Q: What are the hours of the event?
The Festival runs from 11 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
Q: Where should I park for the Festival?
If you’re driving and planning to park downtown, we’d encourage you to use the City of Sacramento’s parking app or to consider public transportation. Free bike valet will also be available.
Q: Are there street closures I should know about if I’m heading downtown?
Street closures begin Friday, September 22nd at 6 a.m. Capitol Mall will be closed off between 3rd and 7th Streets and will reopen at 12 midnight.
Q: What is the cost of the event?
The Farm-to-Fork Festival is admission-free
Q: Where can I find information on the music and demo stages?
You can find the stage lineups and more information at farmtofork.com here
Q: Is the Farm-to-Fork Festival family-friendly?
The Farm-to-Fork Festival is definitely full of fun for people of all-ages. Beyond the half-mile of food, farms and exhibits, the Festival will also feature a kids’ zone with cooking demonstrations, a petting zoo, interactive booths, face-painting, an art wall and much more
Q: Are pets allowed at the Farm-to-Fork Festival?
Farm-to-fork is all-about animals, but it there are some things to consider before bringing your four-legged friend to the event.
- The Farm-to-Fork Festival attracts thousands of people every year, so it may be a little crowded for your pet
- Speaking of animals, there may be some of the farm-to-fork variety as a part of some of the exhibits, which may cause distress for your pet, or the visiting animals
- The event is packed with experiences, which is great for the visiting humans, but can be overwhelming for pets
- The pavement on Capitol Mall can also get very hot – which can be dangerous for little paws.
Q: Are there local hotels near the Festival for out-of-town guests?
You can find more information on nearby hotels at visitsacramento.com
Q: What can’t I bring to the event?
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
– Outside alcohol
– No glass containers
– Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)
– Illegal drugs
Fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
Other items as determined by facility management