Farm-to-Fork Festival FAQs
Q: Where is the Festival held, and how can I enter?
The 2018 Farm-to-Fork Festival will be held on Sacramento’s Capitol Mall. Entrances will be at both ends of Fourth Street, both ends of Fifth Street, Sixth & L streets and both ends of Seventh Street. There are seven total.
Q: What are the hours of the event?
The Festival runs from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Q: Where should I park for the Festival?
If you’re driving and planning to park downtown, we encourage you to use the city of Sacramento’s parking app or to consider public transportation. Free bike valet will also be available.
Q: Are there street closures I should know about if I’m heading downtown?
Street closures will be announced in the fall of 2018.
Q: Is the Farm-to-Fork Festival free?
Yes, the Farm-to-Fork Festival is always admission-free
Q: Where can I find information on the music and demo stages?
The 2018 stage lineups and more information is available here.
Q: Is the Farm-to-Fork Festival family-friendly?
The Farm-to-Fork Festival is full of fun for people of all ages. Beyond the more than a mile of food, farms and exhibits, the festival will also feature a kids’ zone with cooking demonstrations, a petting zoo, interactive booths, face painting, an art wall and much more
Q: Are pets allowed at the Farm-to-Fork Festival?
The Farm-to-Fork Festival is open to pets, but there are some things to consider before bringing your four-legged friend to the event.
- The Farm-to-Fork Festival attracts thousands of people every year, so it may be a little crowded for your pet
- Speaking of animals, there may be some of the farm-to-fork variety as a part of some of the exhibits, which may cause distress for your pet, or the visiting animals
- The event is packed with experiences, which is great for the visiting humans, but can be overwhelming for pets
- The pavement on Capitol Mall can also get very hot – which can be dangerous for paws.
Q: Are there hotels near the Festival for out-of-town guests?
You can find information on nearby hotels at visitsacramento.com
Q: What can’t I bring to the event?
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
– Outside alcohol
– Glass containers
– Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)
– Illegal drugs
– Fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
– Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
– Other items as determined by facility management