Farm-to-Fork Gift Guide
If you’re anything like us, you might be a little behind on your holiday shopping. Never fear, Farm-to-Fork friends! We’ve got a few local gifts that are sure to please the food and ag lovers in your life. And hey, we’re sure you’re on the nice list this year, so while you’re at it…why not pick something up for yourself, too?
Have some suggestions to add to the selections? Be sure to comment below!
- For the wine-lover – Lincoln’s Wise Villa Winery was named Golden State Winery of the Year at the 2015 California State Fair, and now you can snag a bottle of their award-winning local wine while you hit the mall. The winery now offers a tasting room and retail space at the Westfield Galleria at Roseville for your shopping and tasting needs.
- For the junior farmer – For some kids, there’s nothing cooler than a shiny green tractor, and if you’re looking for a toy to beat all the others, Valley Truck & Tractor in Yuba City should be your first stop! From models to mini-tractors junior can ride, there’s a gift for every little farmer! Call 530-673-8283 for more info on storefront hours.
- For the budding chef – This present benefits both the recipient and potentially the gift-giver. Treat the budding chef in your life to a Good Eats cooking class (using many Farm-to-Fork ingredients!) with home chef Paulette Bruce…and then promptly invite yourself over to dinner! Gift certificates can be purchased online.
- For the ag history buff – Give your ag-enthusiast friends the chance to take a trip through California’s history, any time they’d like with an annual membership to the Heidrick Ag History Museum and Event Center in Woodland. From tractors so tall they graze the ceiling to cool classic cars, there’s always something interesting to see. Memberships can be purchased online.
- For the baker – No holiday season is complete without a trip to Apple Hill, and now you can give the gift of local apple-goodness with the ‘Favorite Recipes of Apple Hill Farms’ cook book. From pies to pizza, the baker in your life is sure to find plenty of dishes that will satisfy their cravings and keep the doctor away…get it? Books can be purchased online or in-person at several ranches.
- For the foodie – Treat the epicurean friend on your list to an unforgettable meal at one of the region’s most decorated restaurants. Local favorite Taste in Plymouth is well-known throughout the area and across the country for its award-winning, locally-sourced cuisine. Gift certificates can be purchased online, or you can stop into the dining room to buy.